Jesus told us that whatever we did for the least His brothers, we did for Him. During these 40 days of Lent, let’s reflect on the challenge of global hunger and help our brothers and sisters in need through our collective effort in prayer, fasting and alms giving. To participate:
- Pick up a CRS Rice Bowl kit at outdoor Mass or drive-through Communion.
- Put money in the bowl throughout Lent and follow the CRS calendar with prayers at family meal time.
- Donate your total amount by Easter Sunday, either online by selecting “CRS Rice Bowl” on the St. Rita Parish “Online Giving” page, or by dropping off a check in the collection basket or at the parish office. Please make your checks payable to St. Rita Parish, and note “CRS Rice Bowl” on the memo line.
Please join our parish ministries and virtual community in praying the Stations of the Cross each Friday during Lent, from 6:30–7:00 pm:
- February 19 – the Knights of Columbus shares a powerful visual production from Catholic Relief Services, focusing on the needs and suffering of our global family.
- February 26 – the Women’s Guild prays the stations from the perspective of Mary, the Mother of Jesus.
- March 5 – the Youth Ministry teens lead a youth/young adult-friendly stations with images from the Passion of Christ movie.
- March 12 – the Men’s Club, assisted by Deacon Chuck McDaniels, reflects on everyday stewardship.
- March 19 – Elementary Faith Formation youth and catechists present a family-friendly version, interweaving prayers for both children and adults.
- March 26 – St. Rita School eighth grade students will lead the stations for our St. Rita Community.
This Lent, St. Rita will feature the Corporal Works of Mercy in a six-week series corresponding to each Sunday’s Gospel reading. Join Seminarian Michael DiPietro as he presents a weekly video reflection, with related themes and activities for the Domestic Church.
Sunday, February 21
Mark 1:12-15 — Jesus is tempted in the desert
Feed the Hungry; Give Drink to the Thirsty
Sunday, February 28
Mark 9:2-10 — The Transfiguration
Clothe the Naked
Bring NEW socks, underwear, and diapers to St. Rita before the 7:30 and 10:30 AM Masses or during the drive through Communion. These donated items will benefit St. Francis Center and Covenant House.
Sunday, March 7
John 2:13-25 — The cleansing of the temple
Visit the Imprisoned
Sunday, March 14
John 3:14-21 — The Son of Man must be lifted up
Visit the Sick
Sunday, March 21
John 12:20-33 — “Whoever serves me must follow me”
Shelter the Homeless
Sunday, March 28 (Palm Sunday)
Mark 14:1-15:47 — The Passion according to St. Mark
Bury the Dead
Enhance your prayer life this Lent! Use these resources to sign up and receive daily reflections delivered straight to your email inbox.
- Matthew Kelly: https://www.dynamiccatholic.com/lent/best-lent-ever.html
- Dr. Tim Gray: https://formed.org/lent
- Bishop Robert Barron: http://lentreflections.com